“Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens. If you have them, you have to take care of them! There is great freedom in simplicity of living. It is those who have enough but not too much who are the happiest.”
- Peace Pilgrim (American Teacher/Spiritual leader/ 1908-1981)
RightSizing: Why Do It?
Sometimes you outgrow things, sometimes your things outgrow you. The “things” in your life are intended to serve you and improve the quality of your life. When they no longer serve you – you may end up serving them.
- Too-large shoes rub blisters, too-small shoes cause corns.
- The most enjoyable, carefree houses are those that fit you, your priorities, and your lifestyle.
- From the clothes you wear to the place you reside, comfort comes from proper sizing.
RightSizing: Reclaim Your Life
- Why live your life for convenience of others?
- Why clean and maintain (physically and financially) extra bedrooms 365 days a year for guest that arrive for less than two weeks of that time?
- It’s less expensive and less stressful to enjoy them while they are in town and put them up in a nearby hotel.
RightSizing: Reclaim Your Space
- Why continue be the unofficial “storage station” for the family?
- Have family members come pick up their things. Distribute heirlooms that you have earmarked for special individuals now instead of waiting.
- Lighten your load!
RightSizing: Determine Your Priorities
What makes you happy (forget about what you THINK is expected or how you SHOULD feel). What matters most to you at this point in your life?
- Time with your family and friends?
- The freedom travel and pursue your own passions?
- The ability to care for your own home and yourself?
Comfort in life requires proper sizing. Evaluate where you are now. Where do you want to be? Determine if “Rightsizing” will help expand your options and improve your life!
Simplify. Organize. RightSize!